Sourcing your watch
Sometimes our clients are looking for a really specific watch and they ask us to source it for them – this could be because it’s difficult to find or perhaps because they’ve seen it at a high street chain and want us to save them some money.
Here are some of the watches we have sourced for clients, and the reasons why they asked us:
1974 Rolex Datejust – 40th birthday present for our client’s husband
1963 Rolex Oyster Precision – 50th birthday present
2014 TAG Monaco – saved £400 off the discounted high street chain price
1967 Rolex Submariner – birth year watch for our client
2010 Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller – our client saw it in the movie ‘Unknown’ and wanted one the same as Liam Neeson’s!
2012 Rolex Pearlmaster – our client’s wife saw one in an airport and we saved him £5,000 off the discounted high street chain price
The procedure for sourcing is straightforward and crucially all of the responsibility is ours.
- You tell us what you’re looking for – whether you know the exact watch or just the elements that are important to you such as year, colour, size, etc. – along with an idea of your budget.
- We go off and find some options for you on a completely obligation free basis. This is what we do, so it’s fine.
- When we have a few suggestions for you we send the details by email and if there’s something that you like we then agree in writing, the elements that are vital to you – the deal breakers or ‘Final Specification’.
- If we’re happy that the watch fits your requirements then we give you a guarantee to that effect.
- You pay us a 50% deposit and we go and buy the watch for you – you are only committed to the purchase as long as the watch is as described in the ‘Final Specification’ email. That way the onus is always on us to make sure that the watch that we source is the watch that you have asked us for.
- We deliver the watch to you and you confirm that it is as described – if it is then you pay the balance, if it isn’t then we refund your deposit.
We should point out that your deposit would only be refunded if the watch fails to meet the specifications that we have guaranteed in our ‘Final Specification’ email. As we’ve bought this watch specifically for you, we can’t refund you if you change your mind for any other reason.
This process has worked very successfully time after time – just check out our Testimonials on the home page to see for yourself – and come and talk to us with confidence.